Featured Post

This is the Kodak Moment for the Auto Industry

Plug-In Drivers Not Missin' the Piston Electric vehicles are here to stay. Their market acceptance is currently small but growing...

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fiat 500e Comes to Oregon


On a rainy day in May of 2014, I snapped the above photo and walked into the dealership to check out the new Electric Fiat. I was disappointed to learn that the car had not yet arrived. I asked why they put up the sign if the car was not there. They said it was coming soon and they were getting ready for it. I guess signs are a little easier to ship than cars.

I've heard of many bait-and-switch halo-car stories and I was wondering if this dealership was playing the same unscrupulous game. I was happily surprised that they did not try to talk me into buying one of their gas cars. Rather, they took down my information and told me that they'd call when the 500e arrived.

True to their word, they called two months later; the car had arrived and they had three on the lot.
Upon arriving, the first thing I saw was another sign, although this time behind it, I found two 500e. They said that they had received 9 and immediately delivered 6 of them. These two were for sale, one was the dealership's show car, and 14 more were coming.

Here are a few of my photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment